<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 17, 2005

AFFIRMATIVE FICTION:

Since I somehow missed, oh woe!!, participating in the Leftacle of Estrogen Week, I will assauge my imaginary regret over that (I don't get guilt feelings, I incite them) by displaying a quiz found on the site of a leftist woman writer, Chris Lombardi of Book of Days. The title it assigned to me was marginally appropriate, since I prefer "magical realism" to more dull reality-based books. (We should all follow Our Noble Lame Duck and create our own private new world, and not just in fiction.)

I discovered Marquez's delightful Cien años de solidad years ago from a reference by Greil Marcus, but if it wasn't for the portrayed-as-inevitable tragedy of the good guy, my favorite would be his El otoño del patriarca. This particular result only gives me chills, and not in a good way.




You're Love in the Time of Cholera!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com