<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 27, 2005

DIG IN:

I spy with my unsleeping eye that another blogger has displayed the good taste to permalink me. This newbie, called jockeystreet, is another ex-philosophy student, who also happens to be a vegan.

Now in practice, I am an effective vegan myself. That is not from a disinclination to devour fellow creatures, or a distaste for meat. Preserving a near-anorexic weight simply requires eschewing even the croutons on the salads, much less the bacon bits or chicken.

Why engage in this constant teetering on the edge of hunger starvation? It's all about the last phrase of Romans 12:20 ("thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head"). Nothing does your heart more good than showing up in micro-sizes at high school reunions. Just to rub it in, eat some ice cream while you're there. Lick your lips a lot. The fumes from fatter female faces will fry frozen food.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com